Flight Chair – MFC-1 Blackbird
The MFC-1 Blackbird is the first office chair developed especially for flight.
Breathable hybrid synthetic leather made out of vinyl and polyurethane covers the chair.
We never intended to build our own chairs. However, since there wasn‘t a chair on the market suitable for flight, we had to take action. In the past, we often had negative experiences using joysticks and throttles with office and gaming chairs. Thus, eventually, we had no choice but to design our own.
Our goal was to create a chair that combines high quality, ergonomics, seating comfort (especially for long flights), and that works well with different flight control setups. Also, the chair has a central cut-out in the seat to mount a center joystick in the perfect position.
The most important feature is the specialized form of the backrest. The wider contured bottom part provides stability and support for the pilot. The slimmer top part allows for full freedom of the shoulder and elbows to have complete unimpeded joystick/throttle motion range.
- Height adjustable
- Synchronous mechanism – the seat and backrest move synchronously with each other
- You can fix the backrest in 5 positions
- The backrest’s height is adjustable in 6 positions
- Seat depth adjustment 47-52 cm (103.6-114.6 in)
- Padded 4-D armrests
- Glass fiber reinforced base
- Lockable easy-running castors for all floors
- Seat cut-out for center joysticks
The seat cover is made out of a new breathable and water-vapor-permeable synthetic leather from Continental in our home town Hannover. The hybrid material made of vinyl and polyurethane uses the best properties of both and provides surface softness and durability.
A local North German manufacturer makes our chairs. It is a company known for producing high-quality office chairs with decades of experience. Each chair is made by hand, exclusively from parts from Germany and the EU.
Flight Setup Examples
Scope of delivery
- 1x Flight Chair
Joystick / HOTAS chair mounts left / right / center, joystick, throttle, button boxes or other extras are not in the scope of delivery. They are only in the product images to illustrate the complete structure.
- Seat width: 47 cm (18.5 in)
- Seat depth: 44 cm + 5 cm (17.3 in + 2 in) adjustment range
- Backrest width: 47 cm (18.5 in)
- Backrest height: 72 - 80 cm (28.3 - 31.5 in)
- Seat thickness: 10 cm (3.9 in)
- Seat height: 43 - 55 cm (16.9 - 21.7 in)
- Total height: 121 - 137 cm (47.6 - 53.9 in)
- Dimensions armrest pad / area of the forearm support: 22 cm x 10 cm (8.6 in x 3.9 in)
- The adjustment range of the armrest is 10 cm (3.9 in)
- Armrest, lowest position, measured from the seat: 16 cm (6.3 in)
- Armrest, highest position measured from the seat surface: 26 cm (10.2 in)
- Base diameter: 65 cm (25.6 in)
- Density foam seat: 40 kg/m³
- Maximum load: 150 kg (330 lbs)
- Foams CFC- and CHC-free, single-origin, breathable cut foam
- All materials are GS tested, sorted, labeled, and recyclable
- Are the joystick chair mounts included?
No, this product only consists of the chair. All attachment points on the bottom of the seat are available.
- Is VAT (Value-added tax) due for orders outside the EU?
VAT is only charged for deliveries within Germany and the EU.
PRESS / REVIEWS
Instruction Manual (.pdf)