Flight Chair – MFC-3 Forest Falcon
The Flight Chair is the first office chair developed especially for flight control. The MFC-3 Forest Falcon cover is made from Cordura 1000D mil-spec fabric.
Without Brake: Standard – for use without pedals.
Caster and Rotation Brake: The Chair can be set in a fixed position for optimal pedal use.
We never intended to build our chairs. However, since there wasn‘t a chair on the market suitable for flight, we had to take action. In the past, we often had negative experiences using joysticks and throttles with office and gaming chairs. Thus, eventually, we had no choice but to design our own.
Our goal was to create a chair that combines high quality, ergonomics, seating comfort (especially for long flights), and that works well with different flight control setups. Also, the chair has a central cut-out in the seat to mount a center joystick in the perfect position.
The most important feature is the specialized form of the backrest. The wider contured bottom part provides stability and support for the pilot. The slimmer top part allows for full freedom of the shoulder and elbows to have complete unimpeded joystick/throttle motion range.
- Height adjustable
- Synchronous mechanism – the seat and backrest move synchronously with each other
- You can fix the backrest in 5 positions
- The backrest’s height is adjustable in 6 positions
- Seat depth adjustment 47-52 cm (103.6-114.6 in)
- Padded 4-D armrests
- Glass fiber reinforced base
- Seat cut-out for center joysticks
Optional for pedal users:
- Lockable easy-running castors for all floors
- Rotation Brake
The chair cover is made from 100% CORDURA® 1000D mil-spec fabric
- Rugged – excellent resistance to abrasion
- Strong – excellent tear strength
- Water Repellent
- 100% high tenacity nylon 6,6 filament fiber
Cordura is highly resistant to abrasion, rot and mildew. Because of its exceptional abrasion resistance and tear strength, Cordura is a clear choice for heavy-duty applications.
It is made in the USA (Berry Compliant) and meets all the requirements for military specifications (DTL-32439A). This fabric is specifically tested for colorfastness, breaking strength, tear strength, water repellency, color and more in order to meet military standards.
A local North German manufacturer makes our chairs. It is a company known for producing high-quality office chairs since 1966. Each chair is made by hand, exclusively from parts from Germany, EU and USA.
Scope of delivery
- 1x Flight Chair – MFC-3 Forest Falcon
The MFC-3 chair is made on order and has a delivery time of approx. 4 weeks.
The chair‘s armrests, joystick / HOTAS chair mounts left / right joystick or throttle are not in the scope of delivery. They are only in the product images to illustrate the complete structure.
Flight Setup Examples
- Seat width: 47 cm (18.5 in)
- Seat depth: 44 cm + 5 cm (17.3 in + 2 in) adjustment range
- Backrest width: 47 cm (18.5 in)
- Backrest height: 72 - 80 cm (28.3 - 31.5 in)
- Seat thickness: 10 cm (3.9 in)
- Seat height: 43 - 55 cm (16.9 - 21.7 in)
- Total height: 121 - 137 cm (47.6 - 53.9 in)
- Dimensions armrest pad / area of the forearm support: 22 cm x 10 cm (8.6 in x 3.9 in)
- The adjustment range of the armrest is 10 cm (3.9 in)
- Armrest, lowest position, measured from the seat: 16 cm (6.3 in)
- Armrest, highest position measured from the seat surface: 26 cm (10.2 in)
- Base diameter: 65 cm (25.6 in)
- Density foam seat: 40 kg/m³
- Maximum load: 150 kg (330 lbs)
- Foams CFC- and CHC-free, single-origin, breathable cut foam
- All materials are GS tested, sorted, labeled, and recyclable
- Are the joystick seat mounts included? No, this product only consists of the chair. All attachment points on the bottom of the seat are available.
PRESS / REVIEWS
Instruction Manual (.pdf)